YouTube Symphony Orchestra

I am one of the follower for Google Blog as I love all the creativity inside Google and it is undeniable that I use almost everything they've got to offer. From Gmail, Youtube and Blogger.

Recently, YouTube had called for professional and amateur musicians to participate in YouTube Symphony Orchestra audition. The interested candidate can submit their video to the orchestra channel in YouTube (they don't even need to come anywhere, because the audition is online!), and the selected musician has been revealed last March 2. They will travel to New York on April and participate in YouTube Symphony Orchestra summit in Carnegie Hall under direction of Michael Tilson Thomas. Michael Tilson Thomas is the music director of San Fransisco Symphony and few times Grammy winner.

I checked the selected oboist for YouTube Symphony and two persons have been selected, an Israelis and Japanese guy.

You can view the special channel for YouTube Symphony Orchestra here and watch one of the finalist video below! He's playing the romantic Symphony No. 4 in E minor, Op. 98. Bravo!



On a more personal note, I'd submitted my application for visa this morning and the person in charge said I can collect it back the day after tomorrow. I just realized how small Japan Embassy building in Malaysia compared to other embassy in Malaysia (like United States).

And I am downloading the compilation album of the late Aaliyah. How can I miss some of her tracks despite the known fact that I grew up listening to her songs?

Have a great week, peeps.

2 comments:

Little Samourai said...

Yes, Japanese embassy in Malaysia is very small, so contrast with Malaysian embassy in Tokyo yang besar bagak. I used to go there everyday hantar makanan to Imran as he was too busy to go out for dinner. Natsukashii. Kat sini jangan haraplah boleh buat macam tu. :-(

p.s. I like the orchestra! :-D

fidanuar said...

Yelah, I was surprised! I never been to the embassy before, as I thought the location was in Ampang haha. Kalau nak compare dengan British High Commission and US Embassy, tersangatlah beza size dia.

Natsukashii desu ne. Takpe, sooner or later maybe Imran boleh keje kt sini balik :)

p.s-Awesome line of players in the orchestra kan? Tak sabar nak tunggu their performance in Carnegie Hall. Oh my, I need to buy omiyage for my sensei. He plays cello! Hmmm, nak beli ape ek...

top