Prayers Answered and Some Little Updates.

As some of you had heard, I has passed my JLPT Level 3. Although it's not really appropriate to reveal the score here, but I am happy to say that I received quite a high marks and what surprises me more is that I can score a few marks from Listening paper (which I still feel that I made a major careless mistake) but praise to Allah, I able to tackle the challenges smoothly.

And now, it is just a few weeks before departing to Tokyo and start the new phase in my life. Excited and nerve-wrecked, I realize that I will miss many things and peoples here in Malaysia and at the same time, wondering whether I can assimilate well into the Japanese society later. Being introverted, I am known as a person who not really talk much to strangers or new acquaintances and until now, I believe that is the major make-over I need so much to start making new friends.

On another note, some little updates I wish I could elaborate and post it here, but I keep procrastinating because of my daily workloads and my TOEFL preparations (I am scheduled to sit for TOEFL this Saturday):

1. I really can't wait any longer to watch Slumdog Millionaire, not just because they are the monopoly of Oscar trophies, but the cute kids and inspiring storyline. Inspire me, people.

2. Zara starts their final clearance and I really need to do some retail therapy on spring clothes. It is 7 degrees in Tokyo, and I reckon I need some layers instead of jacket. Previously I was drooling over trench coat, and I found a nice one from Armani Exchange (with a nice price tag mind you), but they ran out of my size so there goes my bargain list, another deferment.

3. I need luggage. Or suitcase. What ever you call it. What I have in my mind is the Globe-Trotter super-awesome luggage. But of course, I will only get it in my dream considering my current financial situation.

4. Still on bag topic. I love Monocle and its content including all their merchandise items.Their collaboration with Porter for bags is what I think a smart man will choose for travel(but they're actually too pricey). Pay a visit to their online shop.

5. I need a new chronograph. But put aside all the formalities, I think I opt for more casual design this time. What I have in mind is Bell & Ross military green watch. Better get one before I depart to Tokyo.

6. I will start applying for visa next week.

7. Panasonic Scholarship Office has arranged for us a visit to Japan Foundation on 18th March. Time to practice my rusty Japanese and bow.

8. I am thinking of being a member of Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE, UK) but apparently my degree is not accredited by them.

9. I need a new reading material. Right now I am still reading Heat by George Monbiot but I think I need some fiction to turn me back to the world of literature. Haruki Murakami is on top of my list now.

10. Last but not least, still on books. I just finished A World Without Poverty by Dr. Muhammad Yunus and I was in awe, what an inspiring person he is. I wish there could be more people like him (especially Muslims) who can inspire people to the max rather than complaining and downgrading the moral values of the society.

11. I am currently hooked up with Anggun's latest album, Elevation. Seize The Moment not really sounds like her previous tracks but I admit I like her new experiment. Good job, Anggun!

More to come soon. But until then, give me some time to check out what it takes for me to prepare for my TOEFL.

6 comments:

Little Samourai said...

Omedeto! I baru nak cakap chronograph angkat kat sini jek but since you want a Bell & Ross, angkat sana lah better. Kalau Seiko ke, sini murah lah... :)

p.s. I like Haruki Murakami's but pernah baca Kafka on the Shore jek. I also wanna read more...

fidanuar said...

Hehe. Thanks Coy! I mana lah have all the bucks nak buy originals. All this while, either I beli in auction site, or beli kt Petaling Street je. *malu* :)

But still drooling over Bell & Ross. I hope one day I can buy the original and be proud of it.

Oh okay lah tu. At least you dah pernah baca kan. I have intention nak read his works since school days lagi but my reading list selalu menimbun sampai Murakami's piece dah terkebelakang dah :p

I wanna start Kafka On The Shore soon!

Little Samourai said...

tu lah I thought kaya gilos Panasonic scholar ni nak angkat Bell & Ross. silap2 kena tarik scholarship. :-P

don't worry. u'll have all the bucks one day! :-D

p.s. Japanese customs are very savvy about brands. kalau nasib tak baik, beli kat auction pun boleh kena tax banyak.

fidanuar said...

haha. that's why. ala Panasonic Scholarship student sama je allowance cm budak Monbusho. just the fact ade nama Panasonic and activities for scholars organized by them makes them different. Konon nampak professional lah sikit ada company sponsor, haha.

oh kene tax ke? bahaya jugak nih.

N'war said...

Yeay. Ird dapat.... la la la...

kena lepak skali with all the boys before u fly... mb we gonna sent u to klia too... la la la...

let's make a date...

p/s: jgn lupe kem salam kat takukimu, dll

fidanuar said...

hahaha. ingat kimutaku bersepah tepi jalan ke nauwar?

thanks for the wish! I am forever grateful for the blessings from Allah and all the bestest friends and acquaintances.

Of course kene lepak-lepak dulu with all the boys before I depart. Aku dah inform Rashid about that sebab he knows all the contacts, but unfortunately he just lost his handphone. Takpe nanti kita arrange apa yang patut okay!

top