The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Life Fiction.


"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could wear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go." -Capt. Mike

I cursed Google because I can't seem to google the right information as I want it to be. I cursed Blogger because I can't even open the site to publish not even a single post for Valentine or whatsoever. I cursed Youtube because I can't watch the Scrap Teacher drama because it was simply failed to load. And most importantly, I cursed Streamyx for snail-like connection speed in my office and Izzi for being so realistic to control the download speed for their so-called mobile broadband.

Enough cursing. When it comes to the end, I have to let go.

"Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?" -Ms. Maple

The weekend was a hurricane of things. My primary school English teacher passed away because of sudden high blood pressure attack. I remember her dearly since I was seven, because she is my ex-classmate's mom and I joined her English tuition class for UPSR (and that is the only extra tuition class I ever joined for my dear whole school life). It shocked me when I heard the news, of course. But I believe it will be harder to the sons and families since her husband also has passed away few years back. My former primary school classmate now an orphan and he is the eldest in the family of six. He hugged me and called my name even though it has been 10 years since we met with each other. I am sorry for your loss, Danial. And my prayer with your mom's soul, always.

"Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life. Some people get struck by lightning. Some are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people can dance." -Benjamin

The quotes that come within the paragraph of this post is from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I watched it and I loved it. I admit I am a huge fan of Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. They are part of the league whom I adore and I like. And I admit what dragged me to the cinema hall last Sunday to watch it was solely because of both of them. But the beautiful wordings has give an extra point to my whole impression of the movie.

It has give me some sort of feeling to value the life from different perspective. From different view and angle. I looked back to the my whole 25 years of journey on this beautiful Earth and I know it might not as impressive as Mr. Button had, but I am forever grateful to God for every shower of blessings I have.

"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you." -Benjamin

I wonder about what my journey will look like in the next five or ten years time. Will I succeed in my graduate school plan? Would I hold the Masters scroll? What would happen next? I can't answer that, definitely. All I can do is keep moving, stay breathing, continue struggling for all I believe I deserve to have and pray to God that is the best for me. I walked through my memory lane and saw my face when I was a kid, free and easy, and then see my face now in the mirror and I realize I am looking to two different person.

"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." -Benjamin

I am on this journey to write the fiction on my own. The last chapter is about to coming to an end. And the next chapter will soon begin.

2 comments:

Little Samourai said...

Yay! Another Brad Pitt's fan. My sis said she didn't enjoy the movie sebab Brad Pitt tak pandai berlakon. I disagree! :-P

fidanuar said...

Yes, another Brad Pitt's fan here. I am too beg to differ that dia tak pandai berlakon dalam movie tu. It is undeniable that he is a good actor as I like all his movies.

top