Sorry, Sorry by Super Junior


I don't really dig Korean mainstream music, because they're too hip hop and I don't really feel I can assimilate myself much into their music and cultures. But they're some exception, especially when it comes to some R&B ballads and groovy tunes of G.O.D, Shinhwa and Fly To The Sky. In fact, I only listen to Japanese version of Dong Bang Shin Ki (they're known as Tohoshinki in Japan) rather than their original Korean version.

And then comes this group, called Super Junior. Initially I had this kind of perception, ahh they're just the same good-looking guys for commercial material. But they proved me wrong after few hearings, as I can sing along to their tunes after a while. They pretty much have similar concept with Morning Musume, they have quite a number of members (13 so far), they just appointed a Chinese member, and most of their song requires a lot of dance moves.

They just released their third album, Sorry, Sorry, and I am kinda liked it. Especially their creative looking album cover. Watch their comeback performance in Inkigayo (hmm, sort of a weekly live show in Korea).

This gives me strong basis to produce my thought that Koreans and Indians are the best choreographers in the world. Shallow, isn't it?

3 comments:

N'war said...

Oops... looks who talking here. Someone need to mention about another group. Maybe...

But I'm not into them. god is jjang!

fidanuar said...

Ooops nauwar, it's not my fault. But really, I starting to like Super Junior.

p.s. jjang tuh ape? jinjang ke? or some korean word?

N'war said...

Jjang is best! Yep in Korean.

top