On Holy Scriptures

I didn't go to the lab today because I'm waiting for the postman to deliver my halal meat to my door. And suddenly my door bell chimes, and when I open my front door, two 40-ish Japanese lady stand in front of me and greet.

They are actually Christian missionaries. It is pretty normal sight in Japan especially during weekend that these missionaries come knocking your door and preaching about Bible and Christianity. Some people might be annoyed, and that including me because I don't like to be disturbed during my own personal quality time. But being me, I am not that rude to simply ignoring these people or reject them away.

So there I was. Listening to their words and voice out my thoughts here and there. And they look surprised because they said they rarely heard about Islam in Japan, let alone seen any Quran with Japanese translation. I quickly bring my Quran (but with Indonesian translation), and they totally amazed to see Quran for the first time. I said I will try to find Quran with Japanese translation and give them to read next time.

Later I found myself thinking, where have all the Islam missionaries been? I encounter few situations before regarding local people who really wants to know certain issues about Islam to solve their religion conundrum and since they know I am Muslim, they seek the answer from me. I admit I myself not a good resource but I'm trying my best to explain. Muslim is not a big community in Japan, but I think it would be much better if people who concern to know more about Islam can easily access Japanese website that can provide them with true and authentic information they looking for. And since many local here browse the Internet from their 携帯/keitai/mobile phone, a website accessible from mobile phone would be very informative indeed. Any website to recommend? Wikipedia excluded please.

And now where I can buy the Quran with Japanese translation in Tokyo?

2 comments:

Little Samourai said...

Wow, cayalah. I always tell them I don't speak Japanese. :-P

We have a Japanese コーラン by 岩波文庫 but it looks like a regular Jap paperback yang pocket size tu. I dunno where Imran got it from but apparently u can order the same from Amazon.

fidanuar said...

oh really? thanks for the info! my friend told me コーラン ada jual kt masjid yoyogi uehara dalam 3000yen, so i'm thinking of buying one.

top