Ada Apa Dengan Nagoya?

(picture taken from flickr@sinkdd)
Summer will be leaving us soon, goodbye heat, and welcome coldness. Welcome chilly wind, welcome melancholy.

And I will be leaving Tokyo tomorrow, to one place called Nagoya/名古屋. Interesting fact about Nagoya:

1. Stuck between Tokyo and Osaka, it is one of the most populous area in Japan after Tokyo-Yokohama and Osaka-Kobe region.
2. I have been informed that it is also one of the area where girl is said to be uglier than other part in Japan (日本三大ブス), the other two includes girl from Sendai/仙台 and Mito/水戸. No pun intended anyway. So, where have all the beautiful girls gone? They are all said to be concentrated in Akita/秋田, Kyoto/京都 (the reason why it is famous for geishas maybe?) and Ishikawa/石川, three areas called 日本三大美人 in Japanese. Boys, now you know the place of interest to visit when you're in Japan.
3. Contrary to the above fact (if I can call it a fact), the cost for wedding ceremony in Nagoya is the the most expensive in Japan. A contradictory statement I reckon. Uglier girl costs you more money in Japan. Again folks, no pun intended. I'm just making a conclusion based on the pool of information I received from local friend.
4. Home to one of the largest automotive industry in the world, Toyota. Nagoya also base to many manufacturing company in Japan, instead of textile image for Malaysian. Oh, Nagoya also the birthplace of pachinko, the Japanese version of pinball.

Welcoming autumn, I am expecting beautiful yellowish leaves on ground, more attractive wool sweaters and cardigans and also a pair of Timberland boot. More on fashion talk, UNIQLO, the Japanese version of Gap is going chic with their recent collaboration with Jil Sanders, in a project called +J UNIQLO.

And Armani Xchange watches and shades are super attractive. Not within my current budget anyhow, I should stop dreaming and read more books.

Off to Nagoya people. I'll be reading Miyuki Miyabe's All She Was Worth and Murakami Haruki's Norwegian Wood and listening to Arashi's One Love, With You I'm Born Again by Mariah Carey and John Legend, Yuzu's new single, Niji and my favourite Kobukuro's pieces, Niji/虹 and Toki no Ashioto/時の足音 along the journey. At least as a replacement to food I cannot consume during Ramadhan. The travelogue will be posted after the journey.

0 comments:

top