The Memoirs of War



I just get back from my short journey to down south, Singapore for some Christmas celebration observation last 26th December. The trip went very well, although there is nothing much to elaborate about Singapore since the familiarity with Malaysia, in landscape and other thing. Back in my shore and my senses was awaken by two shocking news: the passing of Yamtuan Besar Negeri Sembilan and the onslaught of Palestinians by Israelis latest bombing on Gaza.



During the 5 hours bus journey from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore and on the way back, I managed to read almost the whole book (except the epilogue) of my latest reading food, Dispatches from The Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters and Survivals by Anderson Cooper. While my emotion was touched, and my tears was flowing down my cheek, I just simply cannot tolerate war. Disasters is unpredictable (but some do) and you cannot do anything about it as it comes naturally, but war is clearly the definition of human craziness. I remember recalling the pictures of Pol Pot inhumanity in Cambodia during my primary school mission to Cambodia for some Muslim charity movement back in my school days. Being just nine years old kid, I was not ready for any barbaric torture to human being, ironically done by human. Reading Anderson Cooper's piece back on the bus, I realize I still not ready yet. And I believe everyone's out there as well.

Can you imagine the portrait of Palestinian kids and women in the midst of unstoppable bombings? Can you manage to live with that? The world has seen that terrorism is not the answer. People's dying out there. If the authority can trying their best to counter terrorism by preventing liquids on airplane, by doing nude check on airports and so many other ridiculous things, please stop the bombs on Palestinians. They deserve to live peacefully and happily like any other human race on Earth. The news reported that thousands have been killed, and more to come. What do you expect when you bombarded the city with tonnes of bombs and explosives, and people will stay safe?

Ironically, Israel starts to send medical supplies and the so-called helps to the people of Gaza with message sounds like 'Our bombs are not intended on public, but the terrorist'. Spare me some laugh. If the Hamas so-called terrorist is the main reason, then just point your focus to the suspected person. Why need the bombs and violence? If terrorism has any need to be countered by terrorism act, then I can see that this thing is going nowhere.

Dr.Mohd Asri has urge everyone around the world to stand your thoughts and reflect your ideas to stop the violence in Middle East. For God's sake, not just by being Muslim, but for everyone's right to live in this Mother Earth peacefully and happily, the bombing has to be stopped.

0 comments:

top