Islamic Yoga

I was reading Rantings By Marina Mahathir, and I am so excited to see that this thing is actually existed in this world. All this while, we have been so offensive towards our own Majlis Fatwa, shutting our ears and pointing fingers, but as what I always said, never say no just yet.

Yes, Egypt does have Islamic version of yoga. Well, I do not specifically know what does Islamic version of yoga all about, but I guess it might change the philosophical side of Hinduism to more Islamic thoughts. For me, I am just interested in doing the pose, not the philosophical side of any kind of exercise (my Islamic faith alone would do, no need additional attributes of philosophy).

Since the yoga banned issue by Majlis Fatwa, I have received quite a few emails which I found a bit offensive. Most of them are just joke and prank email about 'What would Majlis Fatwa ban after yoga'. I am somehow feel a bit offended by this kind of so-called joke, it is not a joke for me after all. Even for yoga practitioner like me, it is very important that I am not against the fatwa or Majlis Fatwa itself. I am just feel that the exercise I have been practicing all this while is just in a physical form of exercise and I never chants or meditate in a Hinduism way, so I just keep doing it physically and not philosophically. Thus, I need to stress out that please respect Majlis Fatwa on whatever they decide and try to guide you, whether you are Muslim or not (especially fellow Muslims, obviously).

So what did I do? I read them at an glance and delete the email right away. If any of my friend or acquiantance read this post, please be informed that I do not want entertain any kind of similar email with that.

I need to continue studying, my exam is this Sunday, 7th December. Wish me luck, fellas.

0 comments:

top