What Perfume Do You Wear, Mister?


I was surfing the web and browsing through some blogs and columns before my eyes settled down on one topics, the body odor or BO. Having the experience of riding the train to commute to work everyday, I must say that BO plays an important role in your self image.

One of my college mate, fQrl blog about BO and daily KL commuters life in his blog, which I found amusing and annoyingly true. Through out my observation on Malaysian men (from friends, family and acquaintances), there are few types of men when it comes to perfume:

1-The metrosexual type: Those who dare to invest in perfume, and look and smell good all the time, including after bed image. Gosh, do we have Beckham in our shores? The metros tend to have different type of perfumes, suits with different situation and function.

2-The homosexual type: While homosexuality and metrosexuality is categorized in two different entity (homo is sexually attracted to same sex, while metrosexual more towards image and well-groomed mens), but I can see both are relatable. The homos somehow I think is likely to experiment more in fragrances, as they can wear ladies perfumes to experiment with (which somehow I think the metros confined within mens fragrances, just my opinion).

3-The heterosexual type: I can see this category is subdivided into few others small groups of people. But most of them is either, not wearing perfume at all, not even a deodarant and minyak attar (this type of people who normally has BO and annoys fellow commuters and their friend without even realize it). On the other hand, there are people from this group who manages to stand out from the rest and at least use one type of perfume, from one specific brand and use it for the dear whole life. This type of men has potential to be metros, just they need sort of motivation (financially etc) to be so.

Ehem, I am better not putting myself under which category.

I was also stumbled across a site of Pheromons Institute, who sells human pheromons specifically to attracts mens or womens when you are using it. Okay, this is interesting. Attracts people just by natural odor, without you even know what kind of smell it is. Dare to give it a try?

2 comments:

firdaus said...

wearing perfume without deodorant is pointless to me, it doesnt serve any purpose at all...

fidanuar said...

well, the thought is mutual my friend, but to tell you the truth, there are so many mens out there who don't care to wear both, or to the least, wearing fragrances.

blame it to the high price tag huh...

top