The Art of Letting Go


I started practice yoga last April and enjoy it ever since. I have always been interested in its style and always thought that yoga is not just cool, healthy and relaxing, but chic as well. And to tell you the truth, one of my aim in practicing yoga is to do scorpion pose (picture above).

Not until...

I received the news that my yoga club has financial and management problem, and will probably closing down. I was shocked, since I was just started and start to enjoy it very much. In addition to that, I have paid a lump sum of one year membership which cost me RM 1688. It's all started when the club was taking a week break from all classes, saying they're changing management and stuff. And not just a week. They continue had problems later on, with ever changing class schedule and more problems. Later I discovered from one of my yoga instructor's blog that the management has financial problem and haven't paid full salary to their stuff and instructors for months. To make things worse, some of my foreigner instructors had been evicted out from their apartment and their pay-check bounced. And my reaction of course, Oh.My.God, this is one damn big problem.

I was not aware of any sign of problem when I signed up four months before. I was also not aware that the rumors has been spreading in Chinese newspaper and some of TV cover ups. They even had problems with Ah Long (loan sharks) and some of the outlet has been splashed with red paint.

Miraculously, I was not terrified and overreacted. It's amazing to see myself who was always in state of panic to stay calm and able to judge and think correctly. I decided to hold and see what will happen few weeks after thank God, the club has been ordered by court to change its management, and good to see that their website is back and class schedule has started again.

I wish the new management all the best in managing their new baby. I always hope that yoga can be one of the medium for Malaysian society to practice new healthy lifestyle in addition to the rapid growth of health center and gym. I am hoping I can start practicing back at their center and maintaining it. It is not easy for ones to start a new hobby and maintained practicing it. But I hope I've given a chance to try.

On a more personal note, I started learning Japanese seriously by myself after years of interrupted focus on it. I started picking up Japanese by myself (from books, manga, songs etc.) but never thought of learning seriously. You can feel some level of difficulty learning it especially the kanji (Chinese character) and understanding some of intermediate level of grammar, but it certainly give no problem at all to me since I am learning something that I very look forward to. I really hope I can pass the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT/Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken) Level 3 this December and able to pursue my grad studies in Japan next year.

I am also thinking of editing the layout of this blog to start a new feel about it, but my burdening workload would slow the process. Hope this works.

Have a good week, everyone:)

0 comments:

top