Movie Goers: Step Up


Step Up
Originally uploaded by fid anuar.

Apart from the rainy and dreary climate recently, November has always been a month for movie goers. Almost every week, the screen show will be flooded with new great movies. And the first week of November this year seen Step Up and Death Note listed in my Must Watch List.

Since I haven't watch Death Note yet, Step Up will be my first Movie Goers review this season.

Storyline.
So, sedap sangat ke citer Step Up ni? The answer is, sedapp giler. If you like Save Your Last Dance, this piece is for you. Step Up, starring by Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan, is a story about dance, friendship and a lil bit about violent truth of nigga's world. I have always like the cool and great choreography moves, so that explains the reason why I like this movie so much. The storyline however, is a lil bit biasa. The story starts with a scene in a party, shows the friendship among Mac Carter and his brother Skinny with nigga-wannabe white boy named Tyler Gage(Channing Tatum). They then, are caught vandalizing theatre stage at Maryland School of Arts(MSA) but only Tyler is busted.

So there it goes. Tyler need to complete 200 hours community service in MSA. As a new 'janitor intern' he then falls for Nora Clark(Jenna Dewan), who is a senior in dance, and apparently stressed out and struggle to perform the best she can in her next dance showcase. Her dance partner, Andrew, suddenly involves in accident and he is not able to perform the dance routine. Then comes Tyler, who has talent in dancing (but basically in hip hop and breakdance move).

Next, Nora breaks with her boyfriend (watch if you want to know why), and she starts dating Tyler. It is basically quite predictable, and the storyline is pretty similar with other teen flick.

Choreography.
I must admit, the best thing about Step Up is the choreography. It is directed by Anne Fletcher, who is also responsible for the choreography of the movie.

I like the scene where they have a party and Lucy is performing together with Miles as the DJ. The dance move in that scene is the best, and I was almost dance along, haha.

Soundtrack.
I am not a big fan of hip hop, but I admit I like the soundtrack. My choice: 'Till The Dawn' by Drew Sidora. It is the one in the party scene (which I like the dance move).


Trivia.
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan is rumored to starts dating after starring together in this movie. Cool huh? There was critic says they doesn't look good while dancing together (as in no chemistry), but it appears to be wrong since the movie grossed quite well in the States and Canada.

Conclusion.
Step Up is absolutely worth a watch if you a big fan of dance and choreography, teen flick and hip hop thing. Believe me.

Cool Quote.

"Is... is this where you kill me?"- Tyler Gage (Channing Tatum)

0 comments:

top